We're a financial technology start-up with a mission to democratize allocation of capital between investors and investment firms. We analyze proprietary big data to deliver transparency, remove bias, and improve outcomes. Pensions, university endowments, and foundations are just some of the institutions that need our help so future students, retirees, and non-profits have the dollars to create, innovate, and enjoy their lives for years to come.
Want to own a groundbreaking project — all aspects from team building to coding and everything in between? We need a multi-talented developer who's ready to roll up their sleeves. You are anxious to get started programming throughout the stack, hungry for the chance to help build a scalable web app and ready to work hand in hand, learning from a group of seasoned experts in the Ruby community as we bring this application in-house. You will be the first in-house developer.
Our ideal candidate:
- has solid full stack experience on web based applications.
- loves to code and has 2+ yrs. of Rails experience.
- has agile development experience .
- gets bonus points for experience in the financial sector and/or ETL data processes.
- believes that the truth should be exposed and high quality investment funds should be priced differently than mediocre ones.
- wants to learn enough about investing so you can spot a charlatan from a sage.
What's in it for you?
- Growth: Working side-by-side with some of the best and brightest in the Ruby community and seasoned hedge fund professionals.
- Culture: Building a Lean Startup from scratch with seasoned professionals who favor collaboration and communication over silos.
- Influence: As a founding engineer you'll be instrumental in building a world-class product. You'll also have a voice in technical and product decisions.
- Flexibility: We work as a team but our philosophy is to be yourself. Start early or start late, work at home on Tuesday and in the office on Saturday. . ...we all work to get the job done in our unique way.
- Compensation: Equity + Salary and a commitment to work and act as an owner.
- Benefits: Healthcare and commuter benefits.
- Bakery: Founder's wife is a talented baker. . ..regular delivery of tasty treats.
How to apply
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your resume and a paragraph about why you want to work for a start-up.